- Cameron Way Director 0418352380
- Julian Badenach Director / Sales Manager 0414 609 665
- Paul Leydin Senior Property Consultant 0408 741 237
- David Mason Senior Property Consultant 0411 043 885
- Rachel Waters Property Consultant 0413 465 746
- Rachael O'Brien Property Consultant 0433 852 655
- Kai Tang Property Consultant 0430 356 664
- Kevin Rafferty Property Consultant 0410 575 441
- Jessica Hellmann Property Consultant 0411 034 939
- Mark Johnstone Property Consultant 0417 377 916
- Teresa Massey Marketing & Advertising Co-Ordinator
- Katherine Way Accounts Manager
Europeans first settled the area of Blackburn in the 1840s. The area was densely wooded, though orchards and small farms were soon developed. In 1861 the Traveller's Rest Hotel was built on the current site of the Blackburn Hotel. Blackburn Creek Post Office opened on 10 January 1876 and was renamed Blackburn in 1883.
Blackburn was built around the artificial Blackburn Lake in 1889, now known as Blackburn Lake Sanctuary with the lake in the middle of the sanctuary. This was a popular day trip destination by train in the late nineteenth century. Some Australian artists painted in the bush around the Blackburn and Box Hill areas. Of these, Roberts and McCubbin are the best known. The area is protected by strict planning controls restricting development and has retained a village atmosphere.
Blackburn is 17 km east from Melbourne's CBD and lies within the City of Whitehorse in Melbourne's eastern suburbs with a postcode of 3130. The origin of the name Blackburn is not certain but may have been after an early settler or James Blackburn who designed Yan Yean Reservoir.
Blackburn is bounded in the west by the Middleborough Road, in the north by Springfield Road, in the east by an irregular line along streets to the east of Blackburn Lake Sanctuary, and in the south by Canterbury Road.
The strip shopping centre near the railway line is moderately active and about 600 metres north of the Maroondah Highway there is a drive-in shopping centre, North Blackburn Square.
Woodards specialises in real estate sales and leasing in Blackburn and the surrounding suburbs of Blackburn North, Blackburn South, Mont Albert North, Box Hill, Box Hill North, Box Hill South, Burwood, Burwood East, Forest Hill, Mitcham, Nunawading, Ringwood and Vermont.
Blackburn is in Zone 1 and has one train station which is the Lilydale and Belgrave lines.
Blackburn station is also an important bus interchange. Route 286 depart from Railway Road, and routes 703, 736 and 765 depart from South Parade.
- Laburnum Primary School - Blackburn Primary School - Blackburn Lake Primary School - St Thomas the Apostle Primary School - Blackburn High School - Old Orchard Primary School - Orchard Grove Primary School
- Laburnum Primary School
- Blackburn Primary School
- Blackburn Lake Primary School
- St Thomas the Apostle Primary School
- Blackburn High School
- Old Orchard Primary School
- Orchard Grove Primary School